October 20, 2009

Lexi at the Pumpkin Patch

Lexi at the Pumpkin Patch

Today I went to the Pumpkin Patch with my granddaughter, Alexia’s kindergarden class. What a fun time.  After they each picked a pumpkin they played on the hay bale maze.  Tok this shot of Lexi while she was playing.  I got many other shots of the kids, but I won’t post them unless I have parent’s permission.  The fall is a wonderful time for photography.  The foggy, overcast day made for wonderful, soft, diffused lighting.

Manual: Read pages 107-108 on Aperture Priority Mode.  I shoot in Manual mode 95% of the time.  The other 5% I shoot in “photojournalist” mode, (Aperture Priority f/8 and be there).  Good review of exactly how this programmed mode makes the camera respond.

Inspiration: Spent an hour browsing the galleries at Photo.Net.  So much excellent work being captured.

Advertisements

One Response to “October 20, 2009”

  1. You can’t go wrong with a subject like that.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: